Advanced searches left 3/3
Search only database of 8 mil and more summaries

Budafoki MTE

Summarized by PlexPage
Last Updated: 12 November 2020

* If you want to update the article please login/register

General | Latest Info

Budafoki MTE

2019-20NB II, 2nd of 20 (promoted)
Capacity7764
ChairmanVizi Sandor
Coordinates472518.3N 19141.2E / 47.421750N 19.028111E / 47.421750; 19.028111 Coordinates : 472518.3N 19141.2E / 47.421750N 19.028111E / 47.421750; 19.028111
Founded1912 ; 108 years ago ( 1912 )
Full nameBudafoki Munkas Testedzo Egyesulet
General
Home coloursHome colours
GroundPromontor utcai Stadion
LeagueNB I
ManagerCsaba Csizmadia
Short nameBMTE
WebsiteClub website

Cub was founded in 1912 as Vilagossag Football Club. At that time, Budafok was not part of Budapest. It joined capital city only in 1950, along with other towns such as Ujpest and Kispest. Budafok mostly played in the second division of the Hungarian Football hierarchy, Nemzeti Bajnoksag II between World War I and World War II. However, Club got promoted and debuted in the 1945-46 season of the Hungarian League, and finished ninth. The manager of the club in the top division was the legendary Gusztav Sebes. After the fall of Communism, there was a high risk that the club would be dissolved, just like many other clubs in Hungary. At that time, Hungarovin, wine-producing company finance club. However, company was sold to Henkell during privatisation in Hungary. The new owner, Henkell, wants to expand its Budafok factory and wants to use the club's football stadium too for this purpose. The club was very close to dissolution at this point. However, two sports leaders, Sandor Vizi and Rezso Gallow, started to negotiate, aiming to take the Football Club out of privatisation and thus to find a way to save football in Budafok. In the end, they succeeded and the football stadium was excluded from the privatisation of company and a new era started in the life of the club. In 2015, Janos Jakab, a former Budafok player, became president of the club. Jakab, who also managed MEDOSZ Erdert and who was also president of Puskas Akademia FC, had excellent contacts in Hungarian Football. Jakab was searching for new investors for the Football Club. He meets Robert Belteky, Hungarian-Australian entrepreneur, whom he manages to convince that it is a great opportunity to invest in Club, which then opens a new chapter in the life of Budafok. Belteky was not new to football, he was owner of the most popular Australian association Football Club, Melbourne Victory FC. When Belteky was asked about purchase in an interview with Nemzeti Sport, he explain: I want to purchase Club and then see it prospering, I do not want to buy Club from first League and my friend Jakab suggested Budafok. Eventually, Belteky purchased 95 % of the club, while the remaining 5 % shares now belong to the Foundation for Budafoki Football. Budafok merged with Ujbuda FC, which allowed the Club to advance from the Budapest League to Nemzeti Bajnoksag III. Cubs start competitions in the 2015-16 Nemzeti Bajnoksag III season. The club finished fourth in that season. After a strong start, Budafok stepped up to another level, and won the 2016-17 Nemzeti Bajnoksag III season with manager Laszlo Prukner, while Club managed to reach the semi-finals of 2016-17 Magyar Kupa, where they were beaten by Ferencvarosi TC. In 2017, the club signed former Inter Milan and AC Milan striker Attila Filkor.

* Please keep in mind that all text is machine-generated, we do not bear any responsibility, and you should always get advice from professionals before taking any actions.

* Please keep in mind that all text is machine-generated, we do not bear any responsibility, and you should always get advice from professionals before taking any actions

logo

Plex.page is an Online Knowledge, where all the summaries are written by a machine. We aim to collect all the knowledge the World Wide Web has to offer.

Partners:
Nvidia inception logo

© All rights reserved
2021 made by Algoritmi Vision Inc.

If you believe that any of the summaries on our website lead to misinformation, don't hesitate to contact us. We will immediately review it and remove the summaries if necessary.

If your domain is listed as one of the sources on any summary, you can consider participating in the "Online Knowledge" program, if you want to proceed, please follow these instructions to apply.
However, if you still want us to remove all links leading to your domain from Plex.page and never use your website as a source, please follow these instructions.